Friday, January 17, 2014

MORALLY BANKRUPT « The Burning Platform

Iska, thanks for the scripture. Of course, Jesus was speaking to his disciples, Jews, who were still under the Law of sin. Today, we operate under the Law of grace, and there’s this from the Church epistles,

“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.” (Romans 13:1, ESV)

The governing authorities are the church authorities, not secular government. Even so, I’m not a member of the Catholic Church. I’m a member a non-denominational, non-sectarian ministry and it is the leadership of the ministry in which I affiliate to whom I will subject myself.

If you’re a member of the Catholic Church, by all means, submit to the Pope, but test all things by scripture. I became disillusioned by denominationalism when I went to speak with an Episcopal minister whom had just delivered a sermon and I had some questions about it not being scripturally based. His response was, “Well, the Episcopal Church teaches it this way”. He was putting Church doctrine above God’s word. The Catholic church goes a step further, and puts the Pope above church doctrine, and above God’s word. This is patently wrong and blatantly ignorant. This is just one example of wrong doctrine in the church.

Stucky, on the other hand, would rather state his misconceptions about apparent inconsistencies and error in God’s Word, but that’s his wrong headed business.

The main disagreement I have with all mainstream denominations, is the doctrine of the Trinity. It’s my experience that 80% of all church goers don’t care about the doctrine, and since it’s taught as a “mystery”, few even profess to understand it. The other 20% are vocal and quite rabid about it. Let me tell you it’s a lie, that’s it’s not scripturally substantiated, and is a source of much of the weakness found in the church today.

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hosea 4:6, ESV)

MORALLY BANKRUPT « The Burning Platform:

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment