Saturday, September 21, 2013

TOWER OF BABEL: fact or fiction? « The Burning Platform

Stuck, I'm astounded by your disbelief of the truth. Why can't you just say, I don't believe God's word, and be done with it.

The bible wasn't written for those who don't believe.

You lost me at the first sentence. Of course the bible is not meant to be taken literally everywhere. It is meant to be taken literally where it is meant to be taken literally and figuratively where it is meant to be taken figuratively. You obviously have never heard of the idiom of permission, either.

If you don't know the difference, you have no business posting anything regarding the truth of god's word. You and Carl Sagan, too fucking smart for you're good.

The irony of it is, the tower of babel is a story about exactly what you've done, synthesize a theology based upon man's interpretation and understanding. Exactly what we're cautioned against, but since you don't believe God's word, neither are you bound by it. How fucking convenient.

"Oh, that I had one to hear me!
(Here is my signature! Let the Almighty answer me!)
Oh, that I had the indictment written by my adversary!" (Job 31:35, ESV)

You do yourself and those around you a disservice. May God save your soul.

TOWER OF BABEL: fact or fiction? « The Burning Platform:

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment