Sunday, March 6, 2011

What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?

Quote: Originally Posted by NDS
"I'm in the middle of it right now -- awake and in real life."

How so, unemployment? Yeah, that would bite!

That's the real kicker, we live in an interdependent society. When government pays people to have babies, they have babies. When they pay them not to work, they don't work.

The mentality becomes, "where's my handout?", and when there is none, then we get mad. The difficult part to accept is we've off shored our middle class, resulting in wealth accumulation at the top.

Which brings me back to my original reply. My concern is more about long term economic prospects for our country, than short term or intermediate crises precipitating civil unrest or violence. I have the will and the means to defend myself using deadly force, if necessary. I'm not able to compete, however, with forces that are beyond my control. That was supposed to be the purpose of our democratic process, which was usurped by politicians borrowing $$ from future generations to buy votes, and sticking not only to this generation, but every person who will ever have the misfortune to be born into this world.

How does it end? Only God Almighty knows. We know that God tells us in his Word that the end of the Devil and his anti Christ is the lake of fire. But there is a lot that has to happen in between, with a lot of trial and tribulation. One can only hope in the return of the Lord. "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!" (Revelation 22:20b ESV)


What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment