Thursday, January 16, 2014

WHITE POVERTY « The Burning Platform

I don't recall Appalachia being part of the new Promise Zones. If I was to check, I suspect they're mostly inner city. What would Obummer care about white poverty?

I also agree with AWD, I am getting highly intolerant of older, not elderly, obviously retired, gentrified boomer fucks who will live better than anyone currently in the work force not nearing retirement and without a defined benefit plan. Not only do they not know what a recession is, other than their dollar stretches further but they're retiring in their 50's with a generous income and benefits package, including health care.

I worked half of my adult life without any benefits, health care, retirement or paid days off. I'm currently working as a government drone, although with my skill set, I can work in any vertical industry, government were the ones hiring, and not contract. My ancestry is Scots-Irish from the Piedmont. A descendant of the patriarch still lives on the land deeded by King George in 1753. It was a wilderness back then. There's no other way to describe it.

LL says he knows better than most about being pushed off your own land. He has a point. The feds don't discriminate about who they fuck over. I don't know why they don't see themselves as the problem, but they don't. Reagan is a special case where he talked the talk of smaller government, but did exactly the opposite. He paved the way for where we are today. Carter is the last POTUS who even attempted to reign in the federal bureaucracy.

I've literally given up that we will find a workable solution for the currency crisis of the west. Having shipped jobs overseas in the pursuit of profit, without any regard for the welfare of it's citizens, yes, that is one of the constitutional mandates of the government, to promote the general welfare, not the welfare of the 1% or their owners, and with reckless and unaccountable spending, the federal government has painted the West into a corner. While the size of the pie shrinks along with the value of the dollar, the siphoning off of the nation's wealth is accelerating, until there will be nothing left, except debt, and the 1% will find that their owners have left town with their dual passports to island safe houses and private security. In the end, those who serve the devil will find he will destroy them as surely as he would destroy the rest of us, were it not for God's Word, and they don't have that protection.

While there may be no salvation or saving grace in the world, there is hope for the return of Christ for his people, and my bags are packed.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20, ESV)

Amen and God bless!

WHITE POVERTY « The Burning Platform:

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment